Work Location: Bryan Dairy Road, Largo FL 33777
Start Date: Immediately
Assignment Duration: 12 Months
Work Hours: 8 AM - 4:30 PM, M-F
Pay Rate: $18.00 - $21.00
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
In Support of the Department
- Primary Responsibility - Collections
- Diligently, but courteously and professionally, pursue collections for payments on debts.
- Execute strategies for collection processes and procedures.
- Negotiate payment plans.
- Respond to contractor inquiries regarding outstanding fines and fees.
- Persuade contractors diligently to pay past due amounts.
- Collaborate with other departments and outside agencies regarding collection of payments.
- Advise contractors on alternative payment plans.
- Administer payment plans in accordance with Board Rules.
- Keep detailed records of customer interactions and communications.
- Accurately maintain and update contractor files and payment records.
- Research and report on collection activity.
Secondary Responsibility – Advertising Violations
- Review and research all media for contractor advertising.
- Document and issue advertising violations to licensed and unlicensed contractors following procedures.
- Maintain and update contractor records.
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manners
- Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role in resolving delinquent accounts
- Knowledge of collection and/or investigation techniques
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word
- Advanced level experience with Excel (filtering lists, writing formulas, formatting reports, creating charts and graphs)
- Comfortable working with targets
- Ability to manage stressful interactions
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation and persuasion
- Patience and diligence
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required: 5 or more years
Work Attire: Business Casual
Sensitive Assignment: Public, Exposure to contractor PII
Why Work Here?Professional Staffing Service
Great opportunity and room for growth!