2nd Shift/ 3rd Shift-Security Officer
Personnel Solutions Saint Petersburg, FL
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**Shift 4pm-Midnight** Schedule will vary (6-7 days weekly) Weekends may be included
** Shift 12am-8am** Schedule will vary (6-7 days weekly) Weekends may be included
TWIC card is a plus
Job Overview Summary:
This is routine work in the safeguarding of major City buildings, equipment, facilities or other property against unauthorized entry, damage or loss. An employee in this class is responsible for safeguarding assigned City property against unauthorized entry, loss or damage from theft, fire, adverse weather conditions, vandalism, or other causes. Responsibilities also include enforcing City rules or regulations at a building or area where people congregate. Employees in this position are expected to be able to perform any and all work tasks and comply with any work schedules, attendance, or duty requirements which may be established by City or department rules, or applicable union contracts. Work is reviewed through observation, conferences and the evaluation of results achieved.
- Patrols the inside and outside of buildings, or designated areas and observes for prowlers, fires, illegally parked vehicles, or any other danger of loss or damage to property; questions prowlers and unauthorized persons discovered in restricted areas and calls Police Department, via radio or telephone, when circumstances require such action.
- Enforces rules or regulations pertaining to the safeguarding of assigned facilities; makes rounds to ensure peace and adherence to code of conduct; reports stolen property to the proper authority.
- Reports disturbances or suspicious activities to proper authority which cannot be immediately disposed of to the City Police; produces statements, written reports, and surveys as needed for supervisors.
- Conducts searches for persons, vehicles, bags, and other items as needed on a daily basis. • Ensures that lights are off or on as required and that gates and doors are properly locked; notes and reports any faulty lights and equipment which may need replacing or repair.
- Secures facilities, equipment and property against adverse weather conditions to prevent loss or damage.
Personnel SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity and room for growth!
Professional Staffing Service
500 1st Ave. S.E.Saint Petersburg, FL
Real EstateView all jobs at Personnel Solutions