Would you want to work for a company renowned for their superior quality, unparalleled customer service, and expert technical support? Senior Manufacturing Engineers, APPLY NOW!
This full-time position provides the engineering resources for designing, implementing, and standardizing manufacturing processes on CNC machine tools, delivering flawless first-time launch of new products. Additionally this position is the champion of continuously improving the production process for legacy products, driving reduced cost, improved quality and reduced lead time. This position reports to the Engineering Manager and is a critical contributor to ensuring product manufacturing process and required tools are accurately and clearly defined, communicated and delivered.
Key objectives for this role:
• Develop manufacturing methodology to improve operational safety as well as product quality, lead time, and cost, with special emphasis placed on optimizing the launch of new products.
• Facilitate effective communication and utilize input from process stakeholders to deliver optimal results.
• Develop accurate and timely process routings, tooling, gaging and fixturing to ensure on-time delivery and first-pass success
of machined products.
• Drive continuous improvement in existing engineering and manufacturing processes, as well as MIC core capabilities.
• Oversee capital projects required for business growth in current markets as well as new industries.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop manufacturing processing structures to support production needs – including BOM, raw material and outside service requirements, manufacturing routers, process drawings.
• Review customer specifications to ensure that all technical requirements are met when introducing new product.
• Identify product / process needs to accurately design and provide all fixtures and gages required to manufacture and
• Work closely with production team members to understand improvement opportunities and develop and execute plans to
• Evaluate and implement internal or customer driven engineering changes in an efficient and timely manner.
• Perform engineering peer reviews (EPR) to improve project release accuracy and product launch success.
• Work with cross-functional teams including Operations, Planning, and Programming to ensure production process and
machining / tooling requirements are synchronized.
• Collaborate closely with customer at the front end of new business opportunities and during manufacturing to develop
valuable design-for-manufacturability solutions.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements and modifications to MIC Group’s core capabilities, equipment, and
ability to conduct business.
• Adhere to defined work instructions and processes to perform at a consistently high level and mesh smoothly with existing processes.
• Work and communicate in a highly professional manner with colleagues and customers alike. Success in this position will require the development of cooperative, cross-functional and team-based relationships that are based on strong, professional communication and clear understanding of shared objectives.
• Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements. Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
• Must have a Bachelor degree in manufacturing-related engineering discipline and 7+ years of experience in a high volume manufacturing and machining environment such as automotive or other industry having PPAP requirements.
• Manufacturing Engineering Technology degree and/or Computer Engineering a plus.
• Knowledge of the following manufacturing processes: NCC 3-5 Axis Milling -Vertical and Horizontal, CNC Turning, EDM, Gun
Drilling, Ejector Drilling, Honing.
• Strong ability to read and interpret technical documentation, specifications, drawings, GD&T, and manuals, and effectively
integrate the information contained into a cohesive whole.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply principles of machining, metrology, quality control, mathematics, and engineering
•Must have intermediate to advanced experience with parametric CAD software, Solid-works preferred.
• Experience using ERP systems, JD Edwards preferred.
• Proficiency with office software, particularly spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel.
• Extensive hands-on experience with machine shop equipment.
• Statistical analysis of manufacturing processes.
• Development of cost models to support new business quotation/estimating.
• Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEAs, and quality systems experience.
PPAP- PFD, PFMEA, PCP, Gauge R&R
Additive Manufacturing, Metal Fabrication
A&D metalworking processes, materials & coatings
Project management, high volume/low labor content machining
Manual electro-mechanical assembly, investament casting