Expired: 19 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This company could be your road to success in the commercial and industrial sheet metal fabrication. Apply now for a position as PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR.
With this company, you could become a force to be recognized within the fabrication industry. Apply now to become a PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR.
Monday - Thursday
7: 30 am - until job is complete
ESSENTIAL JOB JUNCTIONS
• Operate the Press brake Machines and support the production team by assembling parts,
• operating machinery, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors.
• Produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
• Operate the Haco/Atlantic Press Brake and other machinery used in the production process or
• assist other machine operators.
• Select proper punches and dies based on material thickness and type.
• Set up tooling, and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
• Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for use.
• Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Follow all company rules and policies.
• Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
• Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Prepare product for shipment.
• Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 60 pounds, or
• by using a hoist.
• Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
• Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
• Consistently produce usable product that meets the dimensional specifications of the
mechanical engineered drawings.
• High School diploma or GED is required.
• 2 + yrs. Of experience operating and programming a Haco/Atlantic Press brake or similar press brake machine required.
• Solid background working with sheet metal. Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
• Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
• Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way.
• Candidate has to be a strong Team player.
• Candidate has to be reliable. Regular attendance is required.
• Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
• Ability to read a tape measure and Caliper.
• Ability to read blueprints and a knowledge of engineered specified tolerances. Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR ARE: * Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers. * Examine completed work-pieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws. * Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances. * Load work-pieces, plastic material, or chemical solutions into machines. * Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material. * Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data. * Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools. * Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools. * Clean and lubricate machines. * Position, align, and secure work-pieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies. * Scribe reference lines on work-pieces as guides for cutting operations, according to blueprints, templates, sample parts, or specifications. * Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches. * Adjust ram strokes of presses to specified lengths, using hand tools. * Place work-pieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges. * Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct work-pieces, using hand tools and measuring devices. * Thread ends of metal coils from reels through slitters and secure ends on recoilers. * Turn valves to start flow of coolant against cutting areas or to start airflow that blows cuttings away from kerfs. * Set stops on machine beds, change dies, and adjust components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes. * Lubricate work-pieces with oil. * Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools. * Mark identifying data on work-pieces. * Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations. * Plan sequences of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of work-piece materials. * Hand-form, cut, or finish work-pieces, using tools such as table saws, hand sledges, or anvils. * Grind out burrs or sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes, or polishing jacks. * Remove housings, feed tubes, tool holders, or other accessories to replace worn or broken parts, such as springs or bushings. * Sharpen dulled blades, using bench grinders, abrasive wheels, or lathes. * Hone cutters with oil-stones to remove nicks. * Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors. * Preheat work-pieces, using heating furnaces or hand torches. * Clean work area. * Operate forklifts to deliver materials.
Cat Spring,TX USA
Get fresh Brake Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!