Software Engineer II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Software Engineer II
We are looking for enthusiastic, professional individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic environment, are self-motivated and demonstrate leadership qualities. As a PDS employee, we provide competitive benefits that can help ensure your health and wellbeing and contribute to your financial security.
Joining the Technology team at PDS, the Software Engineer II will take a central role in the organization, becoming a pivotal resource in development and implementation of the organization's next generation SaaS multi-tenant architecture. This position provides an exciting opportunity to modernize an already successful, highly regarded production platform, and drive double digit growth of the organization. This person will partner in the overall evolution and progression of the increasingly modern technology stack with fellow team members. The Software Engineer II strives for excellence in delivering all aspects of the SDLC and creating a new and better world from the opportunities at hand. The ideal candidate leverages their development, delivery, security, support, and cognitive abilities to become a driving force as the organization shifts from its legacy implementation to a more loosely coupled platform, focused on migration to the cloud, microservices architecture, RESTful API led connectivity, and data driven decision making.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop sound technology solutions through hands-on coding of APIs, applications, shell scripts, stored procedures, etc.
- Support evolution of Technical Specification documentation addressing business and non-functional requirements
- Perform Unit Testing of deliverables to validate business and non-functional specifications
- Conduct integration of connectivity and business functionality with new, existing, and external platforms
- Promote team technology solutions to QA, and support iteration to successful completion
- Organize and revise orchestration of product workflow
- Collaborate in adoption of enterprise microservices architecture
- Evolve data pipeline and ETL to next generation technologies and platform
- Investigate and construct proof of concept introducing new and different technology solutions
- Cooperate in deployment and installation into development, testing, and production environments
- Participate with technical team providing support of code running in testing and production environments
- 3-5 years of progressively increasing experience in application development / software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Fluid collaboration with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Support, and Technical Leadership teams
- Foundational development background and belief in Object Oriented and functional programming
- Advanced level experience with full stack development, focused on C#/.NET. Expertise with Python highly desirable
- Strong MS SQL knowledge and Stored Procedure aptitude
- History of application deployment and allocation in AWS or MS Azure Cloud environment, including engagement with enterprise infrastructure, security, QA, and technical support teams
- Focus on defensive coding, analysis, sanitization, and other best practices to secure client information
- Understanding of data architecture, data modeling, data normalization, and data movement
- Practical development delivery of reports, analytics, with derivation of actionable insight and prescriptive response
- Agile project management methodology, including SCRUM and Kanban
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management).
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Paid Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Complimentary Employer Paid Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees
- Optional Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Additional Supplemental Medical Benefits
- Generous PTO Package
- No work on your birthday!
- Flexible Work/ Life Balance
- Retirement Plans, including ROTH and 401K with Company Match
- Health Savings Accounts and Flex Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Company Events and Employee Appreciation
PDS is a leading provider of HCM software including human resource, benefits, recruiting, payroll, and time and attendance software throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our company’s mission is to provide the most advanced employee centric HCM/HRMS/Payroll solution in the industry. Coupled with experienced professionals and leading technology, you can be confident that PDS is the right solution for your organization.
PDS is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Personnel Data Systems, Inc.
AddressBlue Bell, PA
Get fresh Software Engineer 2 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.