APPLY ONLINE - Interview the same week!!!
The Personal Care Aide (PCA) is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a
Registered Nurse and performs various personal care tasks for a patient as necessary to meet the patient’s personal care
needs, to promote the patient’s comfort and a safe environment. The PCA is responsible for observing patients and
reporting/documenting these observations and the services provided.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Personal care including:
a. Baths—bed, tub, shower
b. Back rubs
c. Oral hygiene
d. Changing bed linen
e. Assisting the patient with dressing and undressing
f. Assisting with grooming—care of hair, including shampoo, shaving, the ordinary care of nails and skin
g. Assisting the patient with toileting activities
h. Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary
i. Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly
2. Prepares and serve simple diets.
3. Assists the patient in moving from bed to chair, to wheelchair and in walking
4. Reports changes in the patient’s needs and condition to the supervising nurse.
5. Keeps simple records.
6. Performs incidental household tasks essential to the patient’s health needs, such as:
a. Light housekeeping
b. Making and changing beds
c. Dusting, vacuuming and mopping the rooms used by patient
d. Tidying the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom
e. Shopping for the patient if no other arrangement is possible
f. Personal laundry of the patient if no family member available or able
7. Performs a range of motion and other simple procedures as an extension of therapy services as ordered (with
appropriate completed/demonstrated skills/competency).
8. Records patient care activities daily.
9. Participates in case conferences.
10. Prioritizes work/care tasks to ensure all duties and patient visits are completed when assigned.
11. Adheres to the Organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional
12. Attends a minimum of eight (8) hours of in-service annually.
13. Participates in meetings as requested by the Clinical Director/Supervisor.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.