Litigation Assistant/Paralegal for Scheduling (Bilingual a plus)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
South Tampa plaintiff’s personal injury law firm is seeking a full-time litigation paralegal/legal assistant.
We have been serving Florida since 1983 and we are looking for a litigation paralegal/legal assistant with a minimum of three (3) years prior experience to work with our litigation team.
The proper candidate must be pleasant and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the litigation team in the law firm. Also, provide superior client service while professionally completing the following responsibilities:
· Must be competent & proficient in the use of Word, Microsoft Office, & Excel.
· Candidate should have excellent communication skills, positive attitude, ability to follow-up on items, and be detail-oriented.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
· Management of trial attorney calendar to schedule meetings, hearings, depositions, mediations, court deadlines, discovery deadlines, etc.
· Must have prior experience managing attorney calendars/scheduling and drafting legal documents including standardized letters and the framework for pleadings and reports.
· Preparing files for the attorney regarding hearings and other matters on the calendar.
· Transcribe dictation, type, edit, e-File pleadings and compose correspondence, including letters, memoranda, and other documents.
· Liaison between attorneys, clients, experts, witnesses, and other outside contacts.
· Organize and maintain litigation files through the use of electronic filing systems
· Assist in trial preparation and discovery practice including gathering and organizing exhibits, trial data, documents, and other materials in response to subpoenas, discovery requests, interrogatories, etc.
· Must be able to communicate and get along with the litigation team.
· Must have a working knowledge of Florida Court procedures and be familiar with e-Service and e-Filing.
- Experience with preparing Closing Statements and handling reductions is a strong plus
· Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include the following:
• Health insurance 80% covered by the law firm.
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Parking right outside of the building (The candidate will be working on the first floor of the building).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay rate: according to work experience. Annual pay raises with bonus.
Personal Injury Law Firm in Hyde Park, TampaWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to learn and be promoted. Parking in back of 2 story building, Paid holidays and paid time off.
This law firm specializes in Personal Injury Law only.
LegalView all jobs at Personal Injury Law Firm in Hyde Park, Tampa