Vice President, Federal Government Affairs
Personal Care Products Council Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Vice President Federal Government Affairs leads PCPC’s public policy advocacy on behalf of the personal care products industry at the federal level. Responsibilities include advocacy of key association and industry positions with policymakers in Congress and federal agencies; setting industry advocacy and engagement strategies; maintaining strong relationships with policymakers and key stakeholders on behalf of industry; representation with related stakeholder groups; drive decision making and manage federal relations committee.
- Lead the design and implementation of federal advocacy strategies to address industry issues.
- Regularly monitor and analyze personal care products related legislation. Draft legislative analysis, position papers and advocacy materials. Advocate industry positions to Congress and stakeholders.
- Lead the PCPC federal government affairs committee comprised of member company representatives. Manage member company engagement in an effort to develop advocacy strategies across the industry.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Congressional offices and federal agencies.
- Lead federal coalition-building and stakeholder engagement to further PCPC positions.
- Arrange and facilitate meetings between association members and Congress on issues of importance to the industry.
- Direct federal political giving and federal Political Action Committee.
- Assist in planning and execution of annual industry fly-in and other Hill industry educational events, including developing policy positions, securing speakers, and organizing Capitol Hill meetings
- Work collaboratively with internal team including assisting on state and local issues as needed.
- Excellent relationship-building, problem solving and negotiation skills and the ability to interpret policy analysis and research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate with members at all levels and a variety of audiences
- Strong understanding of federal government
- Excellent judgment and relationship building skills when creating and nurturing important relationships on Capitol Hill and federal agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines while producing a high quality of work
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to operate diplomatically, effectively and collegially with volunteers, colleagues, partner societies, and global federal staff/US Congressional offices
- Exemplary oral and written communications skills with effective creations of presentations and the skills to convey key messages/directives/accomplishments
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent planning and project management skills, with attention to prioritization, execution, deadlines and efficiency
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy or related field.
- Experience: At least 10 years of professional work experience in a government relations or government role (Congressional or Federal agency) or nonprofit organization/society.
Computer Skills: Must have experience and skilled in the use of software programs such as MSOffice
Other Requirements: Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
Personal Care Products CouncilWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, Great Benefits
The Personal Care Products Council (PCPC) is the leading national trade association representing cosmetic and personal care products companies and serving as the voice on scientific, legal, regulatory, legislative and international issues for the $488 billion global industry.
1620 L StreetWashington, DC
EducationView all jobs at Personal Care Products Council