Position Summary: Under the direction of the Head of Marketing, the Brand Manager will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of marketing plans and promotional activities for the brands and markets assigned in partnership with the Market Intelligence and Strategy Specialist, Business Development Team and 3rd parties. Responsible for partnering with the Head of Marketing in communicating effectiveness of marketing tools and market trends; will also be responsible for daily marketing requirements and marketing budget.
Essential Job Functions:
Strategy & Planning: 30%
* Develop together with 3rd Parties annual brand plans following brand guidelines and global promotional platforms.
* Lead brand innovation based on Brand/ Market needs working with the Multifunctional Team
* Liaise with Market Intelligence and Strategy Specialist for the definition, analysis and reporting of brands KPIs
* Partner with Head of Marketing in the 4 year strategic plan.
* Execute effective marketing programs via collaboration with key business partners: brand owners, agencies, PR Multifunctional Team and 3rd Parties.
* Coordinate with global brand team on regular basis. Ensure full leverage of global initiatives
* Manage A&P budgets for the assigned brands. Track/monitor effectiveness of marketing programs within budgeted allocated area.
* Ensure that all promotional activities which are implemented in his/her market are in line with the agreed marketing plans and guidelines.
* Communicate effectively the marketing tools and examine market data to categorize brand progress and market trends.
* Liaise on all tactical / promotional activities & opportunities, marketing issues and ensure program execution and follow through.
* Effectively manage VAPs and POS/merchandising requirements.
* Deliver product knowledge and training to distributors /accounts.
* Assist local distributor teams with local implementation through decoration guidelines and follow up to ensure perfect execution
* Energize Business Development Team and 3rd Parties and lead communication about brand initiatives
* Deliver timely and accurate reporting, i.e., BIS: monthly comments, activity summary, competition update, etc.
* Effectively monitor and deliver established KPI's for assigned markets.
Education: BA in Marketing required. Recent MBA graduate preferred.
Experience: 5-7 years experience in marketing or sales, ideally within the industry and with experience of both brand and trade marketing. Strong business acumen with analytical and solid influencing and negotiating skills.
Thorough and creative problem solving abilities and strong verbal and written presentation skills. Strong proficiency in working knowledge of MS Office. Must be able to manage multiple initiatives and programs concurrently. Implementation of marketing and promotional activity must be handled with extreme professionalism. Must have understanding of both marketing and field sales with experience working with travel retail customers, third party distributor sales forces, trade staff and below the line agencies.
Languages: Spanish or French a plus.
Expectation of Travel: 25-30% Travel may be required.