Production Supervisor - Fabrication
- Posted: over a month ago
Lead and manage the activities of workers engaged in manufacturing and /or assembly of products. Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, and operating procedures. Trains new workers in work tasks and operation of tools and equipment. Maintains organization standards for area of responsibility. The supervisor will manage daily planned output based on our business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities Essential Functions
- Lead and manage daily manufacturing on the plant floor. Perform management and administrative duties in area of responsibility.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee training, coaching and development related to the position. Make employment-related decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution techniques.
- Maintain production schedules, ensure daily and weekly production and quality levels are met, and ensure safe work practices are being followed. Ensure that all products meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Analyze information to identify potential problems and/or discrepancies. Consult with Management and Engineering to correct defective products and /or processes.
- Manage performance measures, visual controls, and provide regular progress reports to manager.
- Perform accident and incident investigations.
- Maintain a positive work environment through professional, courteous, and respectful communication and behavior.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance; report to work on time.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills Needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Manufacturing, or related technical field desired. Leadership experience may substitute for degree.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 1 year in a leadership or supervisory position, preferably manufacturing durable medical equipment or similar products.
- Strong desire to learn and/or improve supervision experience in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to positively lead and encourage hourly workers to meet production, quality and safety goals.
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency in the English language (written and oral).
- Basic math skills.
- Manufacturing plant; exposure to elements such as noise, dust, cold, heat, and/or odor. Overtime as assigned.
- Ability to stand for 8 to 10+ hours.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, squat, grasp, and work with tools above shoulder level.
- Good hand and eye coordination and ability to see fine details.
- Fine finger and wrist manipulation.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment for extended periods.
Permobil is a drug-free workplace. Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Permobil is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are a participant of Everify, for all employment verifications. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, veteran or military status, or other protected status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Permobil