Provide the leadership expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation of the RV Facilities, including, but not limited to, the quality and legal defensibility of services provided, and the achievement of stated operational goals and profitability objectives. Manage the operations of the RV Facilities in order to maximize profitability and to ensure superior guest service and product quality. Participate in total RV Facilities management as a member of the RV Executive Committee.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Lead, through subordinate staff, the effective management of the facilities, Engineering functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing levels of guest satisfaction. Direct the maximization of RV revenue by anticipation of market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing plans, and participating in appropriate national marketing efforts. Measure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts to maximize the number of market segments needed and to diversify the sources of revenues. Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives. Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect assets from neglect, damage or deterioration. Conduct regular staff and employee meetings. Establish and oversee maintenance of a proactive Human Resources department to ensure a productive, participative, and comfortable work environment in which all employees are valued and treated lawfully and consistently, and to ensure compliance with all local, State and federal employment and employee laws and regulations, including, but not limited to statutes and State laws. Directly facilitate open employee communications to discern grievances and to respond to these grievances in all appropriate manners including redressing those meriting correction.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the facilities. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the facility:
- Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the community.
- Be a leader and a role model to all employees.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, State and federal laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate other employees’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of employees.
- Knowledge of RV facilities and competitive markets.
- Participate in the development of short- and long-term financial and operational goals of the RV facilities.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within all facility disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Ability to apply supervisory/management (soft) skills.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, State and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and employee relations, including, but not limited to statutes and their State and local analogues (where applicable).
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by facility environmental systems. Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This includes traveling to and from three RV facilities. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the facility on a timely basis. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing in excess of 250 lbs. in an emergency. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates. Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception. Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment. Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, facsimile machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, or equivalent education/experience required.
Minimum of six years RV management experience required.
Permian Lodging LLC