The successful candidate will lead a client marketing group responsible for creating demand for our portfolio, focused primarily on key retail client acquisition, and act as a working leader with a hands-on approach to develop prospecting, client, and category-specific marketing strategies.
· Direct and optimize marketing / targeting resources in partnership with the CEO, focusing on key client and prospect opportunities.
· As the marketing executive, inspire your team to maximize revenue & profitability through key prospect acquisition & key client & category growth & retention.
· Lead the advocacy of corporate initiatives, positioning and revenue growth strategies with the Sales and Marketing team.
· Consult with Sales Learning & Development and Sales Leadership in the creation of tools and strategies for the evolution of the selling process.
· Develop direct reports by owning the performance management process and providing learning opportunities and direction.
· Optimize resource allocation to drive innovative marketing strategies that create demand for our portfolio.
· Guide the yearly strategy planning process with Sales Leaders to identify opportunities for revenue and profit growth for specific clients and categories.
· Lead and enhance Sales & Marketing understanding of key client's business models, business/brand objectives and marketing strategies.
• Responsible for addressing complex business issues beyond immediate needs or where established policies may not be aligned with business needs/objectives
• Requires broad conceptual judgment and ability to deal with complex factors not easily evaluated
• Leads strategic initiatives impacting the function or business
• Owns and is accountable for the quality and quantity of work, staff motivation, methods and practices, discipline and staffing decisions, and varied management/supervisory duties
• Typically directs through managers and a geographically dispersed team
• Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior-level executives and large groups
• Proven ability to develop and lead teams
• Strong strategic competence
• Ability to analyze internal/external financial information
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Collaborative approach – ability to manage through influence vs. direct reports
• Strong negotiation and senior-level skills
• Computer literate – proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, database experience a plus