The Regional Sales Manager for the plumbing and drain cleaning channel is responsible for the implementation and execution of our strategies, objectives and initiatives. Your responsibilities are to achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. Contacts and secures new business accounts/customers. This position reports to the WRT Plumber Drain Cleaner Channel Sales Director.
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s
- value to the organization.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time management for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 4 years sales experience in the Sewer and Storm Water Rehabilitation municipal market, as well as private sector.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving and the ability to determine solutions for customer’s needs (consultative sales approach).
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently, and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Must have Active and Clear driver’s License, and reliable transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Days of work are Monday through Friday during regular business hours. This position may require long hours and some weekend work as necessary to meet the business obligations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. This role also requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, or climb stairs as necessary.
This job operates in a professional manufacturing/office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The job will travel 50% if the time; potential for international travel. Having a passport or the ability to obtain a passport is required.