Perkins Urbana, IL
- Posted: 13 days ago
- Assists the General Manager in planning and analyzing administration and operations manpower.
- Responsible for achieving plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for proper handling of cash, credit card information, gift cards and all things related to the payment of guest checks.
- Assists in the planning and analysis of restaurant unit manpower, ensuring sufficient development and training of all employees, including subordinate managers.
- Assists General Manager in all aspects of employment and restaurant staffing including recruitment (interviewing and selecting), training, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Attends University of Perkins and successfully completes all coursework.
- Achieves and maintains ServSafe certification.
- Performs and is able to assist in all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards, and specifications.
- Ensures managers and all team members are monitoring and overseeing food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food-borne illness.
- Ensures restaurant compliance to productivity and service standards by scheduling and staffing a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficiency usage and yield application.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll, cash and receipts, productivity food costs, security of funds, and operating expenses; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Attends scheduled restaurant and region team meetings; makes presentations to peers and management as requested.
- One to two years previous experience in a supervisory role; preferably in the food service industry
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employees, guests and vendors in person and by telephone
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Extensive standing without breaks; operating a cash register
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Must be able to reach heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2.5 to 3 feet
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Must be able to carry trays of food products weighing 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
BusinessView all jobs at Perkins