Founded in 1958, Perkins® operates 324 restaurants in 32 states and four Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 90 company-owned and operated restaurants and 234 franchised units. Throughout its history, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has remained true to its mission of providing guests with personalized service and delicious, homestyle food at a great value.
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place!
As a Service Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the General Manager in restaurant operations and in achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. In addition, you will provide direction for restaurant staff to ensure maximum guest satisfaction, execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
- Assists the General Manager in planning and analyzing administration and operations manpower.
- Responsible for achieving plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for proper handling of cash, credit card information, gift cards and all things related to the payment of guest checks.
- Assists in the planning and analysis of restaurant unit manpower, ensuring sufficient development and training of all employees, including subordinate managers.
- Assists General Manager in all aspects of employment and restaurant staffing including recruitment (interviewing and selecting), training, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Attends University of Perkins and successfully completes all coursework.
- Achieves and maintains ServSafe certification.
- Performs and is able to assist in all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards, and specifications.
- Ensures managers and all team members are monitoring and overseeing food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food-borne illness.
- Ensures restaurant compliance to productivity and service standards by scheduling and staffing a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficiency usage and yield application.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll, cash and receipts, productivity food costs, security of funds, and operating expenses; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Attends scheduled restaurant and region team meetings; makes presentations to peers and management as requested.
- One to two years previous experience in a supervisory role; preferably in the food service industry
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employees, guests and vendors in person and by telephone
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Extensive standing without breaks; operating a cash register
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Must be able to reach heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2.5 to 3 feet
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Must be able to carry trays of food products weighing 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.