SUMMARY OF POSITION
Manages the back-of-the house operations; responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Provides direction to back-of-house staff, ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the restaurant staff to achieve plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and the development and training of all employees.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, according to all established procedures, performance standards, and local health department regulations.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Must be able to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the restaurant if needed.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Conducts employment activities to include interviewing, scheduling, training, and conducting performance reviews with all kitchen personnel, as well as recommending salary increases and preparing employee documentation.
- Attendance of University of Perkins is required; as well as; achieving and maintaining ServSafe certification.
- Ensures accurate financial data to include: restaurant supplies, inventories, food cost, payroll/productivity, and operating expenses.
- Attends unit management meetings, makes presentations as requested. Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her Production Leader’s supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all communication with regard to system breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of Production Leaders and other non-exempt personnel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing, without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating clearly with guests and employees
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Using telephone
- Lifting up to 50 pounds for a distance up to 30 feet
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
One to two years previous experience; preferably in the food production management.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.