Perkins Albert Lea, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
Founded in 1958, Perkins® operates 324 restaurants in 32 states and four Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 90 company-owned and operated restaurants and 234 franchised units. Throughout its history, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has remained true to its mission of providing guests with personalized service and delicious, homestyle food at a great value.
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place!
As a Host(ess), you will be responsible for providing friendly and efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. In addition, you will perform all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by General Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Reports to work well groomed, in proper and clean uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses greeting, seating, and waiting list procedures.
- Accountable for proper handling of cash, credit card information, gift cards and all things related to the payment of guest checks.
- Maintains cleanliness standards and stocks for the reception area and restrooms.
- Accurately processes all guest checks with no cash overages or shortages.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Provides assistance to pantry maintenance and pre-rush organization.
- Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to execute Perkins service standards.
- Utilizes proper cash handling procedures to execute cash and non-cash transactions, counting change, security precautions, and cash accountability.
- Ensures that the cash register and cash register area are stocked with all needed items.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Has sufficient knowledge of menu to execute suggestive selling techniques with all guests.
- Maintains cleanliness of bakery cases and restocks.
- Has sufficient knowledge of bakery products to execute suggestive selling techniques and sampling programs with all guests.
- Bags/boxes any products according to standards.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service taught through in-house training
- Trustworthy; can be relied upon to deal with payment of guest checks and operate cash register
- Must be able to communicate clearly
Physical Requirements / Environment / Work Conditions:
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy stress/pressure during peak times
- Must possess a high level of coordination
- Must lift and carry serving trays weight up to 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to fit through an opening 30” wide
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Requires continual standing and walking
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
AddressAlbert Lea, MN
TourismView all jobs at Perkins