Restaurant & Bakery Baker
- Posted: over a month ago
- $10 to $15 Hourly
- Bake – Prepare bakery items according to Perkins standards and specifications. Label and date all trays of baked items. Observe proper food storage procedures. Ensures high standards of food safety.
- Display – Set up and maintain the display cases. Use proper merchandising display techniques. Work with Host and Cashier to set up samples, holiday packaging and merchandising.
- Clean - Follow proper sanitation procedures in the kitchen, walk-ins and dry storage areas. Keep bakery prep and storage areas clean and organized. Clean and sanitize bakery cases and display items. The Baker is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of all bakery equipment, pans and utensils. Controls Food Cost
- Ensures products are accurately portioned and ensures food products are prepared as specified by recipes.
- Utilizes FIFO (first in first out) standards when preparing items.
- Maintains Cleanliness
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen, prep areas, coolers and storage areas
- Follows proper safety procedures and policies concerning food handling, rotation and storage
- Conducts line sweeps throughout the shift
- “Clean as you go” throughout the shift
- Understands OSHA requirements and health department standards
- Cleans all equipment on line and other areas as directed by the Kitchen manager or Manager on duty.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Assists Team Members
- Preps items according to recipes and procedures
- Assists dishwasher with washing and restocking dishes, pots, pans and utensils
- Assist front of house staff with cleanliness of bakery cases
- Provides guest service by communicating and cooperating with the front of house staff.
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Perkins Corporate.
Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - Yellowstone Cakes, Inc.
AddressBillings Metropolitan Area, MT
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?