Restaurant and Bakery Kitchen Manager
Perkins - Northcott Hospitality Bristol, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
At Perkins Restaurant & Bakery our employees are part of the Perkins extended family and the families we serve. And you'll be responsible for making special days memorable and everyday meals something extraordinary. At Perkins where we've experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place! We respect one another for our talent, creativity and individual differences. We bring our greatest individual strengths to achieve success as a team. If career growth is what you are looking for- we got that too!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Manages back of the house operations of assigned restaurant; responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Provide direction to back of house staff, ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and quality work environment.
- Reports: Directly to General Manager
- Internal: Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel as well as all home office departments.
- External: Extensive contacts include guests, distributors, repair technicians, salespersons, and community organizations and schools
- Demonstrates principles actions, uses sound judgment and follow through on commitments.
- Anticipates problems and issues and makes timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrates a passion and working knowledge of food, liquor, beer and wine.
- Leads by example and maintains a guest first focus.
- Sets and shares goals with team, monitors and tracks progress of goals.
- Directly and honestly addresses issues and resolves conflicts and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Clarifies roles, responsibilities, priorities and expectations.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the restaurant staff to achieve plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and development and training of employees.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned and presented properly n a clean, safe and sanitary manner, according to all established procedures, performance standards, and local health department regulations.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Conducts employee activities to include staffing, training and conducting performance reviews with all kitchen personnel, as well as recommending salary increases and issuing employee work counseling.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll, restaurant supplies, inventories, productivity food costs, and operating expenses.
- Attends unit management meetings and regional kitchen manager meetings; makes presentations as requested.
- Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her or Production Leader’s supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all communications with regard to system breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of Production Leaders and other non-exempt personnel supervised, and the documentation thereof.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Receives direction and training from Regional Manager as to the specific procedures and assignments.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
1 -2 years managerial experience, preferably in the food service industry
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Perkins Corporate.
Perkins - Northcott Hospitality
FoodView all jobs at Perkins - Northcott Hospitality