Restaurant & Bakery Dishwasher
Perkins - Northcott Hospitality Kearney, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
At Perkins Restaurant & Bakery our employees are part of the Perkins extended family and the families we serve. And you'll be responsible for making special days memorable and everyday meals something extraordinary. At Perkins where we've experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place! We respect one another for our talent, creativity and individual differences. We bring our greatest individual strengths to achieve success as a team. If career growth is what you are looking for- we got that too!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by the manager on duty. Ensures kitchen work areas, restaurant common areas, plate ware, silverware, equipment and utensils are clean and in excellent condition.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Dish room Maintenance
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Arranges soiled dishes, silverware and glassware into washer trays.
- Pre-rinses all items to be washed
- Loads trays into dishwasher.
- Removes dishes, silverware and glassware from washer trays and stocks kitchen personnel and servers.
- Washes pots and pans in 3 compartment sink.
- Air dry dishes and utensils – do not stack
- Keeps all silverware out of trash
- Maintains cleanliness of his/her stations and work areas.
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to; rolling silverware, restocking condiment holders, cleaning works areas, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Assists Crew Members
- Removes soiled dishes from cook’s line and supplies with clean dishes
- Keeps dish area, prep kitchen organized swept, mopped and dry
- Clean and restocks employee restroom
- Assists in putting away food deliveries
- Breaks down boxes and removes trash and recyclables
- Picks up parking lot and grounds
- Assist kitchen staff with food preparation using safe food handling practices
- Assists with other activities as instructed by the manager on duty.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Receives direction and training from the Kitchen Manager or Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Perkins Corporate.
Perkins - Northcott Hospitality
FoodView all jobs at Perkins - Northcott Hospitality