Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Associate
- Expired: January 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Perkasie Regional Authority is currently seeking applicants for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Associate.
This position is responsible for all billing and accounts receivable functions as well as accounts payable functions including, but not limited to billing all water and sewer customers on a monthly basis, answering customer questions, recording payments to customer accounts, preparing vendor payments, collections of payments for outside services performed by the Authority, prepare and maintain all accounting records including bank reconciliations and journal entries.
The typical schedule for the Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Associate is in person Monday through Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Get To Know Us:
Perkasie Regional Authority is a regional leader in providing high-quality, cost-effective water and sewer services to its residential and business customers. For more than a century, our leaders have shown vision and ingenuity in developing the systems to meet the need of a growing population.
As the community we serve has grown from 50 services in 1895 to over 4,900 today, our goal of providing potable (safe and drinkable) water remains the same. A dedicated staff of 8 employees works around the clock to ensure a safe supply of drinking water for our customers and an adequate supply of water for use in fire emergency situations.
The Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Associate maintains the accounts receivable and accounts payable work flow by managing and processing payments, charges and dispositions of accounts receivable accounts, processing vendor payments, maintain accurate financial information.
- Answers all incoming calls, responds to all customer billing inquiries and complaints, and forwards to appropriate personnel
- Sorts and distributes mail to appropriate personnel
- Maintain customer accounts and account receivable records
- Prepares accurate bank deposits
- Monitors customer accounts and applies late penalties to past due accounts and sends out customer notification letters.
- Imports data to billing system and identifies and researches data outliers and contacts customers as appropriate
- Creates sales receipts in Quickbooks for daily billing deposits (cash, credit card and electronic check receipts)
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting, or related field and/or 2-3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional, outgoing and customer service oriented
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel Spreadsheets.
- Quickbooks experience a plus.
- Pleasant demeanor and good phone skills required.
- Family Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan – Pension
- Paid Time Off
PERKASIE REGIONAL AUTHORITY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at PERKASIE REGIONAL AUTHORITY