CYBER THREAT RESEARCH / ENGINEERING - INTERNSHIPS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CYBER THREAT RESEARCH – INTERNSHIPS (Successful candidates convert to full time positions)
Perimeterwatch is seeking motivated, intelligent, individuals to track cyber threat activity and actors globally. This role functions within a team, but often will work independently to analyze and provide a constant stream of information to meet senior analysts’ requirements.
Useful skills (these skills are not required)
- Basic familiarity with Mandiant Advantage and FLARE's Malware Analysis Workbench
- Introductory SIEM usage and analysis
- Basic understanding of malware reversal and debugging
- Interest Cyber Threat Research & Cyber Crime investigations
- Build and maintain targets that allow for the efficient and accurate collection of information of threat intelligence value to satisfy research requirements
- Research and monitor specific cyber threat actors or groups to understand their tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Tracking cybercrime and hacktivism threats based on based on technical analysis, forums and social media monitoring, and publicly available sources
- Collaborate with other cyber threat researchers based on subject matter expertise
- Clearly communicate findings in written reports
- Analyze & Process data from multiple threat intelligence tools
- Investigate impact to customers to determine if new detections or compromise notifications are necessary
- Protect proprietary company and personal information from disclosure
- Respond to tasking and direction as provided by the team leader
- Superior ability to be resourceful and proactive while working on a team and independently
- Ability to think critically and analyze new situations and problems that arise randomly
- Beginner or intermediate understanding of malware with considerable desire to learn how to proactively decipher malicious data specific to cybercrime activity
- Beginner or intermediate understanding of computer intrusions, malicious code, threat finance, money laundering / fraud / eCrime, and other criminal activity
PerimeterwatchWhy Work Here?
Great Salary, Excellent Benefits (Health, Dental, 401k ,Free Lunch) Outstanding Team and Culture. Hybrid Onsite / Remote work.
Cyber Security Experts
3412 36th street AstoriaAstoria, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Perimeterwatch