If you're looking for a place to grow your skills and experience, take a look at Perimeter Healthcare! We're a behavioral healthcare company with our corporate office located in Alpharetta, GA operating acute psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment centers and outpatient counseling centers. We currently operate ten facilities across the U.S and are expanding in 2019 and beyond. We currently have an opening for a Patient Advocate for our new acute care behavioral health hospital in Garland, TX.
The Patient Advocate maintains patients’ rights by educating patients, responding to patient and patient family concerns, resolving patient issues and reporting unresolved issues by taking a proactive and engaging approach with patients starting upon admission. Patient Advocate also serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prevents complaints by counseling with supervisors and managers who see a problem developing; offering suggestions to resolve potential complaints; modifying practices that cause repeated complaints.
- Conducts daily rounding with patients to ensure quality care, which is captured through positive patient satisfaction surveys.
- Documents and resolves complaints by listening to patients and their families; directing them to a physician or supervisor; helping them present facts to the hospital representative; developing acceptable resolutions; following-up on outcomes.
- Alerts legal department and administrators by documenting unresolved complaints/grievances and potential legal actions.
- Completes required grievance documentation and sends responses within required timeframes.
- Maintains a record of all complaints and grievances.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing patient complaint processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work in a teamwork environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective communication and active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills
- Posses conflict resolution tactics.
- Must be able to respond positively and effectively to quick changes.
Required Licenses & Educations:
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with a preferred degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of Hospital or community agency experience strongly preferred!
- Ability to successfully complete CPR and CPI (Crisis Prevention Training) (provided by facility upon hire).
- We offer a robust benefit package including, health, dental, vision & life insurance
- Retirement 401k
- Paid time off
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.