- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for ensuring that our product is moved within our warehouses in a safe and efficient manner by forklift operation and physically loading/unloading our trucks. They are also responsible for proper inventory being maintained, and good housekeeping and warehouse standards are upheld.
Certain Forklift Operators may be identified as Company drivers who are responsible for transporting product to and from outside warehouse.
· Assists in receiving stock and nonstock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
· Cleans warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
· Drives vehicles (e.g. truck, van, forklift, etc.) for the purpose of transporting orders and materials to designated sites.
· Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
· Maintains delivery vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle.
· Maintains records (e.g. delivery log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable resource information.
· Participates in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
· Performs all functions within the scope of the warehouse for the purpose of providing warehousing operations.
· Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements.
· Transports a variety of items for the purpose of receiving and/or delivering materials on both scheduled and unscheduled pickup and delivery routes.
· Unload materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stack them to assigned places
· Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
· Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
· Transport raw materials to production workstations
· Maintains proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required.
· Responsibility of conducting regular inspection of the forklift to ensure its safety and ability of performing the operations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A high school diploma or a GED.
· 1-3 years warehouse experience
· Forklift certification is required.
· You must be willing and able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
· Ability to work daily overtime with little notice as needed
· Must be able to thrive in fast-paced environment
· Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record (no major driving offenses in the last 7 years)
· Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 60 lbs. various times during the work shift
· Ability to multi-task
· Attention to detail
· Basic math knowledge.
· Reading and Writing communication.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to hot and cold temperatures, moving mechanical machinery and parts. Strong food odors from fresh cut produce. Work in a refrigerated environment with temperatures at 38 F to 45 F. Proper insulated protective gear is provided. Proper ear protection must be worn in the production area, loud noisy machinery and equipment is typical.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to talk and hear are essential to perform this job. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking, and lifting 60 pounds or less.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, assigned to the 1st Shift or 2nd Shift, according with the production schedule. Must be able to work overtime hours with short notice.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our production facilities are located in Florida and Southern California - the leading produce growing regions in the country. Our team of chefs combines fresh produce with just the right blend of spices to create recipes you crave. When we start with a product that’s local and fresh, our products can’t help but taste delicious. We have a state of the industry food safety programs that make sure our quality is first-rate. Our products are refrigerated from our facilities to your store to ensure all the local deliciousness is shared with your family.
Perimeter BrandsWhy Work Here?
Awesome team to work with and opportunities for growth.
Perimeter Brands is the leading producer of refrigerated salsa and dips made with select fresh vegetables. Our production facilities are located in Florida and Southern California - the leading produce growing regions in the country. Our team of chefs combines fresh produce with just the right blend of spices to create recipes you crave. When we start with a product that’s local and fresh, our products can’t help but taste delicious. We have a state of the industry food safety programs that make sure our quality is first-rate. Our products are refrigerated from our facilities to your store to ensure all the local deliciousness is shared with your family.
1500 Avenue PRiviera Beach, FL
Transportation and Storage