Controller - Construction & Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a Texas Builder & Operator for Built-for Rent Communities, is looking for a Controller. The Controller for Construction & Development performs accounting and reporting tasks related to the construction entities and their interests in land, development and operating properties. This position reports to the SVP Accounting and requires an individual who is highly competent in organization and prioritizing tasks while staying committed to delivering quality work and meeting deadlines.
- Perform, oversee and review month-end close process, including preparation of account reconciliations (including but not limited to bank reconciliations and inter-company accounts), journal entries, account analysis and monthly financial statement review for various entities
- Establish and maintain a process to track construction in progress, capitalization, and depreciation of completed assets
- Prepare internal reporting packages, including the results of entities, wholly-owned and joint-venture properties Preparation of month end financial statement package
- Review property billings from corporate credit cards and corporate paid invoices
- Review or prepare the monthly calculation of development and construction management fees and commissions earned for completed homes.
- Review and monitor corporate accounts receivable balances and assist with collections
- Assist with the preparation of operating corporate budgets, as needed
- Perform some treasury management functions including management of online accounts, wire administration, daily cash reconciliations, cash flow projections and serving as banking relationship liaison
- Supervise, train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Review coding of accounts payable invoices including employee expense reports
- Approve new vendor set-up
- Prepare and/or review monthly lender and partner draw packages
- Prepare annual audit and tax work papers and coordinate with auditors and tax preparers for year-end audits and/or tax return preparation
- All other duties assigned by Senior Management
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 6-10 years of construction and development accounting experience required.
- Staff supervision required
- Solid understanding of accounting processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and related products.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Interact effectively as part of a team.
- Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
Performance Search Group
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Machine Builder jobs daily straight to your inbox!