- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title:Radiology Technologist
Reports to:Practice Manager
Normal Daily Working Hours:Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm* and Occasional Saturday Sports Clinic
*This position may have hours extended past 5pm depending on physician schedule. Schedule will be coordinated with Practice Manager and Co-Workers.
Education, training, and experience requirements
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology
- ARRT Certification and appropriate state license
- Must possess independent decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills with staff, physicians, patients and families
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds as well as assist with patient maneuvering.
- Must be familiar with age specific criteria.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This information is not designed to be a complete inventory of the job duties, responsibilities and qualifications. Rather, it’s designed to give the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this job title.
Performance Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
14660 State Hwy 121; Ste 100 FriscoFrisco, TX
Get fresh Radiologic Technologist Radiology jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.