- Work with peers and supervisors within organization to meet client’s goals and objectives. Consult with owners, architects, other disciplines, manufacturers, vendors, contractors, and building officials as appropriate.
- Prepare permit documents for various jurisdictions. Apply for and acquire permits.
- Perform load calculations, equipment selection and sizing.
- Design code compliant systems that are economical to install, energy efficient, and fit the client’s needs.
- Attend client and subcontractor meetings when required.
- Attend job walks and pre-design job site meetings.
- Answer technical questions for all services provided.
- Assist in Project and RFP estimating as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements (existing and to be acquired through experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in HVAC design. Design experience to be both on air side and hydronic side systems.
- Working knowledge of International technical codes including but not limited to IMC, IFGC, IBC, and amended versions of technical codes such as Seattle Mechanical Code.
- Working knowledge of Washington State Energy Code (WSEC) and amended versions of WSEC such as the Seattle Energy Code.
- Accuracy of the engineering packages along with compliance of contract terms and conditions, local
- and WSEC codes are top priorities.
- Proficient drafting ability using AutoCAD software. Create drawings using existing PMG .dwg format templates.
- Proficient in creating and editing MS Office documents including but not limited to Excel & Word.
- Ability to understand and create HVAC control sequence of operation(s).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Even temperament in pressure situations.
- Ability to work with peers and supervisors to find solutions to complex situation.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.