Foodservice Sales Rep
Great food and great careers - this is what Performance Foodservice - Missouri brings to the table. We are one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, and our $179MM+ facility located in Springfield, MO is looking for the right person to join our team!
The Foodservice Sales Rep (Area Manager) for the St Louis area is responsible for the development of independent restaurant and other related foodservice account business, with emphasis on overall profitability through both new sales and account penetration. The position will also perform the following duties:
- Manages a geographical sales territory ensuring that independent account business is developed; generates additional business through analyzing sales territory and individual customers; samples products with existing & potential customers; plans general sales strategy including time and territory management; plans sales approach with individual customers, and conducts effective sales presentations.
- Grows sales and profit margins on an ongoing basis to meet established sales and margin goals.
- Regularly calls on existing and potential customers.
- Builds additional business with current customers through product penetration in order to maximize profitability of individual accounts.
- Develops and executes business plans.
- Effectively manages time and resources to attain results.
- Builds business through support of company branded product.
- Manages pricing and monitors credit term compliance. Maintains awareness of pricing trends within sales territory, particularly on market driven / commodity products, to ensure competitive pricing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Guaranteed base pay transitioning to commission as territory grows.
Saint Louis, Missouri (MO)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
1-2 years business-to-business sales experience.
Valid driver's license, clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), and auto insurance required.
Basic computer skills including MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
Candidates must live in the sales territory; No relocation.
Bachelors in Business Management, Sales/Marketing, or related area.
2+ years outside business to business sales and foodservice experience.
Sales systems experience, i.e. online order entry, sales metric dashboard, web-based customer tools/systems
Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.