Delivery Driver--CDL Class A
Performance Foodservice is growing and we are adding CDL Class A Delivery Drivers in Sturtevant, Wisconsin. Our drivers average $70K+ per year.
Please watch the video to see realistic job preview for our Delivery Driver position:
$5000 Driver Sign-on Bonus
Class A CDL drivers with 1 year of foodservice/beverage delivery experience who are in good standing are eligible for the sign on bonus.
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus for CDL Class A for non food service/beverage delivery experience .
Performance Foodservice offers:
Hourly rate pay with the ability to make more based on:
> Cases > Miles
> Stops > Backhauls
Referral Bonus for Class A drivers
More home time, our drivers are home most nights and weekends.
Full Benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k company match, and paid vacation
A Performance Food Group Chicago delivery driver is responsible for delivering a variety of products to accounts within a designated area in Chicago and the suburbs. Multiple stops are required throughout the route that requires frequent exits and entry to and from the truck cab to conduct manual unloading of products. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paper work associated with freight.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer, transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Sturtevant, Wisconsin (WI)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
1+ years of commercial driving experience
Foodservice distribution industry experience
Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
Customer service related work experience
Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
Valid CDL A
Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
Must be 21 years of age
Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
Pass road test
Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location