Customer Service Representative
Great food and great careers - this is what Performance Foodservice - Thoms Proestler Company brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you're ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
Performance Foodservice - Thoms Proestler Company is seeking a Customer Service Representative in our Rock Island, IL office to perform the following duties:
- Be responsible for assisting customers with all facets of the order process to include order entry, pick ups, credits and invoicing.
- Be responsible for keeping all customers satisfied and happy with the company as their distributor and to accommodate them as best possible.
- Solve customer problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
- Communicate and interact with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally, ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and meet the needs of customers; both internal and external, and be patient, polite and helpful when trying to obtain information from customers.
- Function as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- This is typically a Monday through Friday day shift position. One week per month the schedule will include working on Sunday.
Rock Island, Illinois (IL)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
High School Diploma or GED
6+ months customer service or call center experience.
Excellent verbal communication skills.
Excellent computer skills including fast and accurate data entry and familiarity with MS Office products.
The ability to work Monday through Friday and every 4th Sunday.
2+ years customer service or call center experience.
Experience working within the foodservice industry.
Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.