Junior HR Specialist, Diversity Outreach and Recruitment (Part-Time)
Performance Excellence Partners, LLC (PEP) is seeking an innovative, part-time Junior HR Specialist, Diversity Outreach and Recruitment to support the Intelligence and Cybersecurity Diversity Fellowship program within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO). This exciting Fellowship program is designed to attract diverse college students in STEM fields by providing education, hands-on, and training experiences through connection with DHS’s resources and leaders.
As a Junior HR Specialist, Diversity Outreach and Recruitment, you will:
- Support the recruitment and outreach activities for the Fellowship program to increase program awareness, candidate reach, and participation.
- Assist with the development of a microtargeted recruitment strategy and collaborate with the Senior HR Specialist to execute the planning and promotion of special events designed to grow the program.
- Aid in the development and execution of outreach campaigns to recruit diverse talent.
- Identify and coordinate with professional organizations, associations, and community partners attending Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to promote the program.
- Provide verbiage to aid in producing brochures, magazines, and social media.
- Attend and host exhibits at career fairs, trade shows, college campus roadshows, and job fairs.
- Collect and process recruitment data and develop and use metrics.
- Continuously apply creative and innovative thinking under changing circumstances.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and rewarding environment and enjoy growing with other creative and innovative team members.
To do this job well, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Human Capital Management; or related degree in business administration, business management, Organizational Development Psychology, or Sociology. Additional years of experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree (minimum of 3 years).
- At least three years’ experience supporting programs and events; at least one year experience supporting a federal agency or project.
- Must be a US Citizen, eligible to obtain security clearance; current DHS suitability preferred.
- A positive work attitude and desire to excel at work and continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service by anticipating customers’ current and future needs and focusing on meeting their expectations.
- Ability to multi-task, flex, and adjust to changing requirements and priorities quickly.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and suggest innovative ideas for the program design.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, promoting cooperation and collaboration.
- Strong desire to learn additional skills supporting the client and team.
- Ability to be a self-starter, needing little direction.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex information, draw conclusions, and develop solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work remotely about 25 hours per week during core business hours.
- Ability to travel occasionally to college recruitment job fairs and campus events across the Continental United States.
Why work for PEP?
Performance Excellence Partners, LLC (PEP) is an award-winning woman-owned small business with a 20+ year history of successfully executing complex Federal government prime contracts for various agencies. We are a growing, solution-oriented management consulting firm led by a creative visionary and a caring, hands-on leadership team. Since its inception, PEP has been a proponent of employee-focused workplace practices, retaining a diverse workforce, fostering a supportive and dynamic corporate culture, and ensuring an inclusive and flexible work environment. Employees feel invested in the company’s success. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a culture that is built on the following shared core values:
- Applying uncommon integrity: we consistently operate truthfully and honestly, putting the needs of our clients and the project first.
- Seeking inspired solutions: we are constantly expanding our knowledge and looking for new and innovative ways to solve problems and provide services to help clients and service recipients succeed.
- Creating lasting impact: we are focused on solutions that will make a difference, now and in the long term.
- Attracting and building enduring partnerships: we put the client, project, or partner first and communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully.
We hire, review, reward, recognize, and retain our co-workers based on these characteristics, so you must share these values to be part of our team.
In addition, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Performance Excellence Partners, LLC (PEP)Washington, DC
Get fresh Junior HR Specialist, Diversity Outreach and Recruitment (Part-Time) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.