Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Reports To: Head of Embedded Engineering
Requirements: Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance; U.S. Citizenship required.
Performance Drone Works (PDW) is a world leader in custom SUAS development that focuses specifically on cutting-edge solutions for the modern warfighter. An American owned company where all PDW design, engineering, and manufacturing of PDW products are domestically based.
PDW is looking for a driven full stack developer who will help craft the next generation systems and tools used for its future product lines. This role will be responsible for building out the systems that integrate with our deployment environments, building specialized tools for engineering research, and crafting exciting new technologies to support advanced SUAS functional systems and capabilities.
The ideal applicant will be an anchor on the PDW software team, responsible for the direction of the application(s) and their success on numerous custom SUAS platforms. Additionally, this role on the PDW team will be an integral part of designing the next generation of PDW precision flight drones, autonomous drones, and drone support systems.
● Work independently or as a team member to perform application development including requirements gathering, architecture design, documentation, implementation and integration.
● Develop production grade applications.
● Develop and expand the functionality of various models of custom small UAS drones.
● Support application deployments in the field for product testing and demonstrations, including live troubleshooting and analysis.
● Interface with our other engineering departments and their efforts.
● Collaborate with a strong team and our stakeholders.
● Willingness to learn and maintain technological agility.
● Implement and oversee good software engineering discipline and practices across the team.
● Coach team members in agile practices
Skills and Qualifications
● Very strong skills in C/C++
● Understanding of Java language preferred
● Qt/QML experience preferred
● Ability to create clean code while following defined coding standards.
● Strong understanding of multi-platform application development
● Experience developing on Embedded Linux platforms
● Experience developing applications for the Android platform is a great bonus
● Proficient with Git including tags and issue management
● Experience with a bug/issue tracking tool, such as Jira.
● Eligible to acquire a secret security clearance
● 5-7 Years Professional Development Experience with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience