Customer Service / Order Entry (Biotech) - Petaluma - Temp - To $21/hour
Excellent opportunity for recent college graduate to break into the Biotech field with growing, international biotech firm. If you have a science background, excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic personality, and are tech savvy and detailed, this is the job for you!
In this role, you will interface with universities, research facilities, pharmacy companies, lab technicians and scientists all with the end goal of curing disease.
This is a full time, temporary position, expected to last 2+ months. Hire contingent on a clear background check.
- Analyze and process customer orders.
- Enter orders into the sales order system and format Excel data to import.
- Import daily orders into FileMaker database, perform double-check for accuracy and make corrections as necessary.
- Take customer phone calls for order placement, order status, and pricing information.
- Update customers with lead times, late orders, etc.
- Generate, review, and send order confirmations and quotations.
- Assist with miscellaneous other duties related to the work of the department, as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. in a scientific field is preferred. Candidates with a high school diploma and 2 or more years' experience in customer service and/or a related scientific field will be considered.
- Experience analyzing and formatting large data sets in Excel.
- Customer Service background.
- Extraordinary attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy.
- The ability to be highly organized and thrive in a busy, multi-tasking environment.
- Patience and an appreciation for learning every day, with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Software: Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and PowerPoint, FileMaker experience a plus.