- $110,000 to $130,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Summary: Senior Accountant will serve as a resource in accounting areas of focus, including timely completion of all month-end financial close tasks, analysis and reporting. This position will research, resolve and document accounting related issues, and help develop and strengthen company’s accounting and internal control processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of complex accounting concepts and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure financial records are maintained, in compliance with accepted policies and procedures; maintain necessary working papers related to journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist in developing streamlined internal control processes and serve as a liaison with teams outside of accounting to promote teamwork and collaboration across the organization.
- Compile information and assist in preparation for federal income tax returns, state income tax returns and related schedules
- Research and provide accounting guidance and support functional or operational areas of the company.
- Drive process and reporting improvements and standardization efforts while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Coach and mentor less experienced accounting staff and help them resolve problems.
- Coordinating deliverables and acting as a primary contact for the annual external audit.
- Handle special projects, taking full responsibilities for their successful and timely completion
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a public accounting firm or publicly traded company with an emphasis on skills in complex accounting areas, SEC reporting requirements and GAAP standards
- CPA license required.
- Strong accounting skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
- Strong understanding of internal controls and related procedures
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Displays a "roll-up your sleeve" positive attitude and takes ownership of his/her work
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and proactively resolve or escalate issues across functions and follow up as necessary
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: Client offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
Powered by JazzHR
Perfect Placement Group, LLCOrange, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.