Sales Rep - Hardscape
- Posted: over a month ago
JOB TITLE: Sales Representative (Hardscape/Landscape)
SUMMARY: The sales representative is responsible to grow and develop the sales and margins of MSI’s hardscape product lines with the retailer/dealer network; located within an assigned geographic territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop relationships with current customers and potential customers within specific territory
2. Assist customers by providing knowledge and training company products to their store personnel, to ensure personnel is able to present product and negotiate well with consumers
3. Understand our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors
4. Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
5. Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
6. Quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts for customer orders
7. Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules.
8. Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and potential new customers
9. Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product
10. Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market information
11. Investigate and resolve customer claims/problems withdeliveries, returns and credits
12. Attend trade shows throughout the year as required
13. Travel 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/orinternationally.
14. Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
2. Ability to determine solutions for customers.
3. Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
4. Intermediate computer proficiency.
5. Valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree required
Two (2) plus years’ experience in channel distribution sales
Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; natural stone, hardscaping, landscaping or hard flooring industries.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Excellent sales and negotiation skills
Good communication and people skills
Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
Good organizational and time management skills
Ability to work well alone or within a team
Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Benefits: Company offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Powered by JazzHR
Perfect Placement Group, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?