- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Sterling, VA
Hourly Pay Rate: $19-$22
Summary: The Slab Handler is responsible for pulling slab orders accurately and safely. This task will be performed using the overhead cranes.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Pull slabs from the warehouse from the slab orders provided
- Move slabs to loading areas by using overhead cranes
- Load slabs on customer’s vehicle/truck
- Ensure that product is well secured on vehicle/truck and takes all necessary safety measures
- Unload slabs from containers using forklifts
- Arrange slabs properly by forklift/crane in Slab Warehouse
- Responsible for maintaining the slab warehouse clean and safe for staff and customers
- Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Education required.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
- 1-2 years of experience
- Forklift, crane and warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to use Smart Phones/Tablets
- Good communicate skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Compensation. This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $55,382 and $75,230 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses. Starting pay may be higher based on experience.
Benefits: Company offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
#1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
Powered by JazzHR
Perfect Placement Group, LLCWhy Work Here?
Family-owned, international company is growing! Conducting a search for great additions for a full-time role with benefits.
Perfect Placement is working on behalf of our clients to make permanent, full-time placements.
Transportation and Storage