Director of Communications and Marketing
Director of Communications and Marketing
Full-time position to begin immediately
Perelman Jewish Day School is seeking a Director of Communications and Marketing who is innovative, creative, collaborative, and hands-on. The Director of Communications and Marketing establishes, plans, and administers long-term and short-range communication and marketing goals and policies, while also overseeing the day-to-day internal and external communications of the school.
The Director of Communications and Marketing reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and will work closely with all members of the Senior Admin Team, including the Head of School. The Director of Communications and Marketing supervises the Communications Associate.
The ideal candidate for this role is proficient with all elements of internal and external communications and marketing, understands and appreciates the nuances of working in a Jewish independent school environment, is a team player, and has the drive, ability, and creativity to implement change.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, vision, and day-to-day management of the school’s communication and marketing efforts, including communications to current families, current donors, prospective families, and prospective donors;
- Develop, implement, and oversee communications protocols that reflect the mission, culture, and values of Perelman Jewish Day School;
- Work closely with the Institutional Advancement Office to ensure that the communications for fundraising appropriately reflect the school’s mission and voice and support the school’s advancement efforts;
- Work closely with the Enrollment Office to ensure that the school’s overall and division-specific messaging effectively communicates the value of a Perelman education to current and prospective families;
- Work closely with the Head of School and other school leadership to provide content support on all communications - both written and verbal;
- Work closely with the Academic Team to ensure that division and teacher communications align with the school’s vision and brand;
- Work closely with and manage the relationship with external marketing and social media firms (video production companies, photographers) to support Enrollment and Advancement in the development of ad campaigns, direct mail campaigns, community report, and messaging for events;
- Help develop a comprehensive marketing plan with the goal of increasing interest in the school and creating stronger brand awareness in the Greater Philadelphia community;
- Use data and analytics to help develop and implement a comprehensive digital marketing strategy, utilizing tools such as email platforms, social media, and search engine optimization;
- Ensure that the school’s public-facing website is accessible to many and properly tells the story of Perelman Jewish Day School;
- Work with outside vendors, our facilities team, and the art department to ensure that the aesthetics of our campuses best articulate our mission and brand;
- Oversee the communications and marketing budget;
- Be an active member of the Perelman Jewish Day School community and take an active role in faculty, staff, parent, and student events;
- Manage public relations efforts including press releases, emergency communications, and management of media sources
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- 5+ years' minimum experience in a marketing/communications role, preferably in a school or non-profit setting;
- Demonstrated exceptional skills in writing and editing
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating and engaging a wide range of constituencies;
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, and Canva a plus;
- Experience building social media strategies and developing integrated content marketing campaigns;
- Working knowledge of website content management systems;
- Familiarity with developing and deploying email communications campaigns;
- Experience producing internal and external marketing materials and communications including brochures, one-pagers, and newsletters;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, change gears at a moment’s notice, and prioritize projects;
- Experience leading and managing staff;
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and knowledge of Jewish customs and practices is desirable
Perelman Jewish Day School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Compensation for this position will range from $75,000 - $95,000, is commensurate with experience, and includes a competitive benefits package. Paid time off includes Jewish and secular holidays, two lengthy school vacations, and additional PTO. Health insurance including medical, dental, vision and FSA, 403(b) and tuition remission. This position is in person with flexibility.
Perelman Jewish Day SchoolWynnewood, PA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.