Forbes has named Perdue Farms one of “America’s Best-in State Employers 2019” in North Carolina! We’re honored that Forbes recognizes Perdue among America’s best employers.
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of sanitation associates to achieve required standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.
Responsible for thesupervision of plant cleaning, sanitation, and compliance with GMP's, Good Safety Practices, sanitation policies and procedures. Trains, directs and develops subordinates to meet operating, safety and quality requirements within the department and/or area. Supervises production staff to ensure product quality and integrity and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates. Consistently administers Company policies and procedures. Supports and promotes the Company's annual People, Products, Profitability and Planet goals through effective and efficient planning, communication and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce. Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies, CSI, QI, Safety scorecard.
Works cross functionally and collaboratively with Operations, QA, Food Safety, Maintenance, and Chemical to continuously improve the sanitationprocess andkey performance indicators (KPI's).
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture or related discipline.
0-3 years work experience. Should be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office. Requires experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it related to yield, lbs./birds, pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment. Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results. Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule. Requires prior supervisory experience. Knowledge of an ability to provide strong customer orientation. Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or Company business.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of a regulatory compliance sanitation system.
- Food manufacturing leadership experience
- Excellent understanding of food safety.
- Experience with government regulatory requirements in the processing of food
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
1. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. 2. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. 3. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.