Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
This position works collaboratively across all plant operational functions to develop and execute the onboarding strategy and vestibule job training processes. The position is responsible for providing an exciting and uniform experience for new associates and provide career path management oversite to all associates. He or she will partner closely with production, HR business partners, L&D and Recruiting to develop and deliver an outstanding training, career path experience for production associates that promotes Perdue Foods retention and engagement objections.
The incumbent must be a detail-oriented and driven professional, exhibiting proficiency in communication & planning, teamwork, and motivation. Additionally, he or she must be a strategic thinker, adaptable to change, and able to form work relationships based on credibility and trust throughout the operation. This person must be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
He or she will build strong relationships with associates, operational leaders, HR, community and educational resources, that help elevate Perdue Foods’ employment brand to a highly competitive level within the locale. The focus of this role is to create a welcoming and informative experience as associates enter their new career at Perdue, ensure they learn their job methods, as well as support the associates career advancement throughout their employment.
- Create and shape an innovative onboarding experience for the plant’s new hires and temporaries. Build an onboarding team to develop and manage a “best in class” program, leveraging innovative techniques to optimize the job training experience based on business needs. Manage the plant’s mentor and new-hire trainer functions in accordance with each function’s objectives.
- Source and build content for the plant’s onboarding program and facilitate Opening Day sessions. Partner with operations to create new hire onboarding content, specific to each line of business that ensures associate mastery of job methods. Design and create training materials, online learning modules, and course materials for various production initiatives as needed or when new production jobs are established.
- Analyze and present monthly metrics from new-hire associate surveys, production performance results, probationary turnover, associate utilization of career path options and overall department/plant retention.
- Recommend areas of improvement to enhance the new hires’ or transferring associate’s experience. Create, organize, and implement strategies and supporting initiatives that will improve and transform the overall onboarding process which includes all vestibule job training requirements.
- Provide ongoing on-boarding and career path management coaching, training, and education to associates, operational leaders and team leaders, new-hire trainers and mentors.
- Manage/maintain an effective shift preference, job roster bid process that provides off shift associates the opportunity to move to the operation’s preferred shift based on seniority and satisfactory job performance.
- Develop and manage the plant’s onboarding budget, + delivering monthly metrics, establish and publish retention/turnover scorecards which track the overall effectiveness of the plant’s on-boarding processes down to the team leader level. Conduct periodic audits and/or root cause analysis when issues occur. Manage the Opening Day new-hire 30, 60, 90-day feedback process along with the plant’s hourly & maintenance annual performance review process.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in operational learning & development, continuous improvement, or other training fields
- Demonstrated skill in time and project management
- Demonstrated experience in developing people skills and management ability
- Strong and influential verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, project management and problem-solving skills
- Able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Able to facilitate classroom and virtual programs effectively
- Experience in instructional design
- Knowledge of production learning management systems and reporting
- Able to work effectively alongside all levels of the organization, under high pressure conditions
- Able to prioritize as needed while handling multiple time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work as a team player with the flexibility to accommodate different personalities and work styles
- Demonstrated success in leading and/or managing food production operational functions
- Experience in leading and navigating change and transformation
- Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
- May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
- May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
Work activity is in an office, open-partitioned, cubicle environment.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.