Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
We are actively recruiting for a Third Shift Maintenance Technician. This position maintains, services and performs repairs on equipment in order to ensure proper operation of production equipment and electrical systems.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as electric motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties:
- Inspect and conduct necessary repairs to food carts, dollies and lift trucks as needed
- Fabricate replacement parts which may require cutting, grinding, welding or minimal machining
- Install, maintain, repair electrical motors and switches, circuit breakers, outlets, fixtures, fittings and accessories as directed by Team Manager
- Install new equipment/appliances including running any electrical, water, gas, or drain lines as directed by Team Manager
- Repair, maintain, and trouble shoot machines and equipment
- Operate drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals and charts
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment
- Assist lower level mechanics
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Repair or replace defective parts
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices
- Lubricate and clean parts
- Start devices to test their performance
- Repair electrical equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance throughout several departments
- Ensure facility and work place activities are in compliance with applicable governmental and safety guidelines as directed by QA and Safety Coordinator
- Must follow all safety-required programs including lock out tag out
- Notify parts department or Team Leader of needed parts
- Ability to perform duties both outside and inside in varying conditions including extreme heat, extreme cold and wet and/or humid, etc.
- Disassemble mechanical equipment, identify/worn parts, replace, reassemble and test
- Work with enthusiasm and always carries tools when out in the production environment
- Clean tools and uses proper documentation
High School or equivalent
0 - 2 years of related experience. Reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Must have all personal tools and have the ability to learn to use and operate hand tools and industrial shop equipment.
Technical college degree or two years of related experience is highly preferred.
1. Position is active. On the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine. 2. May need to move equipment occasionally. 3. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. 4. Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities. .5. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.