Niman Ranch supports a community of more than 720 independent farmers and ranchers who raise pork, beef and lamb traditionally, humanely and sustainably to deliver the finest tasting meat. Niman Ranch is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation.
The position will be located at our farm in Monett, MO
- Responsible for all aspects of farrowing and meeting weekly shipping targets of full-value pigs
- Ensuring that ALL animals across the farm have received proper feed, water, ventilation, and bedding on a daily basis
- Assisting with all other aspects of the farm to ensure farm goals are met and tasks are completed on a daily basis
- Oversee proper procedures are followed for Day-One pig, fostering
- Direct and manage the processing of piglets in accordance with company procedures
- Manage treatment/care of sows in farrowing
- Direct cleaning/bedding of farrowing pens; and clean-out and disinfecting farrowing room after weaning; and oversight of Patz barn cleaning system
- Keep, communicate, and report accurate records on a daily basis
- Maintain correct temperature/ventilation settings, and that all associated equipment is in full working order
- Maintain current inventory and supplies order list for farrowing, including bedding, propane, etc.
- Assist in Period Close inventory, cost analysis, and cost control
- Any other duties as assigned, requested, or directed by management/supervisor
B.S. degree in Animal Science or related field, OR minimum of one-year experience in straw-bedded pork production system/farrowing unit, OR minimum of two years’ experience in traditional pork production/farrowing unit.
- Ability to lead by example, and manage a team of 2-5 people
- Ability to problem-solve, be a critical thinker, goal-oriented, and a team player
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.