Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
We are actively recruiting for an Account Representative to join our Pet Treats Division at our Corporate HQ in Salisbury, MD. This person is responsible for administering the customer order entry process along with key sales functions, i.e., booking features, pricing, etc. for assigned customers. They will be focused on customer satisfaction-responsiveness and flexibility in resolving customer order issues. This includes daily interaction with customers, brokers and other associates within the order management group, including logistics, data maintenance and claims management.
- Administers customer service for assigned customers and achieve agreed company goal of customer service, providing the main point of contact for Sales and Merchandising managers.
- Handles customers’ orders for specified customer, ensuring timely entry of orders, correct pricing, split into truckload quantities, confirm plant assignment or move if advised by supply planning and monitor order through to customer delivery and invoicing.
- Administers sales specific functions such as book features, prepare market request, process claim forms and payments, review broker commissions, and resolve deductions all in a timely manner.
- Works with other members of the supply chain organization, such as demand planners, supply planners and logistics to resolve exceptions.
- Makes visits to outside sales reps and key customers to increase understanding of their requirements and agree mutual actions which will improve the order fulfillment process.
- Escalates customer issues to Account Team supervisor/manager and recommends actions for resolution. Examples would include orders always exceeding feature booking, add-ons occurring too frequently or orders arriving too late to meet delivery requirements.
- Deals with customer and broker calls from the field, i.e., product recommendations, pricing, availability, etc., monitors customer programs and tonnage dollars. Handles distressed product sales within channel.
Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business Administration.
0 - 3 years of related experience (2+ years preferred).Must have strong reading, writing, communication and analytical skills. Able to comprehend and understand customer protocol. Good working knowledge of all processes within the supply chain (sales, marketing, forecasting, production planning, manufacturing and distribution). Able to negotiate, manage conflict and develop consensus with merchandising manager. Must be able to analyze costs versus benefits in providing customer service. Must have a good understanding of IT systems and how they pass data between each other, e.g., SAP, Manugistics, CFS, SRP, etc. Must be able to travel to customer or plant facilities to include overnight travel.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.