Senior Analyst, eCommerce Merchandising
- Expired: October 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon's 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Customer Operations, and partnering with the broader team, the Senior Analyst, eCommerce Merchandising will be responsible for owning all analytics related to eCommerce Merchandising, and standing up the operational processes needed to drive the analytics roadmap. This role requires an interest in written and visual creative content, and thinking creatively about how to quantify the impact of such content. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for enhancing data visibility, leveraging data to drive business insights, and facilitating project prioritization to help drive conversion and revenue growth across our portfolio of brands on Amazon. Core responsibilities include:
- End-to-end workstream ownership: Own the analytics roadmap for the Merch team, defining and prioritizing goals in line with broader business needs. Institute operational processes needed to bring that roadmap to life, including building repeatable, scalable processes for closing data gaps and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Stakeholder management : Socialize roadmap with key stakeholders (up, down, and across) and manage stakeholder relationships to ensure strategies are deployed effectively.
- Performance tracking : Independently monitor changes to key merchandising levers and share the impact of those changes via centralized dashboards and frequent stakeholder touchpoints.
- Insight codification: Consolidate key insights, using internal and competitive data, into a Merchandising Playbook to inform future merchandising decisions and priorities. Serve as a subject matter expert for Merchandising performance and engage stakeholders to ensure insights are understood and incorporated into go-forward practices.
- Investment prioritization: Leverage data to inform strategic prioritization of projects based on scale of impact and recommend investment thresholds across brand archetypes and product categories.
- Team management: Oversee small offshore team to ensure processes are rolled out smoothly. This includes building clear documentation, monitoring performance, and serving as the primary point of contact for process-related issues.
- Tech development/support: Partner with product managers to outline data needs and support the design and development of proprietary tools to scale our analytics roadmap.
- Be additive to our culture of challenging the status quo and having a low ego
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and action-oriented contributor to join our Customer Operations team. The ideal candidate has prior marketing and analyst experience, takes ownership of their work, is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, pays great attention to detail, collaborates effectively with diverse groups of people, and is excited at the prospect of being a part of a rapidly growing company. We encourage smart and driven individuals to apply even if they don't have domain experience - we believe that with the right mindset and underlying capabilities, you can learn the industry and context quickly.
Additional Job Requirements Include
- Minimum 3+ years work experience, ideally working in a quantitative-driven field (marketing, consulting, finance, data analytics)
- Interest in quantifying the relationship between creative content and business performance
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL; Snowflake and Sigma a plus
- Experience working within large datasets to produce error-free analyses & identify actionable trends/opportunities
- Experience building out standardized reporting dashboards & other ad hoc analyses
- Resourcefulness in obtaining data when clear and/or complete information is unavailable
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Excellent relationship-building skills and a strong sense of curiosity
- Engaged by a highly productive and cross-functional environment in which you can influence and produce tangible results
- Bring a lot of enthusiasm to the job each day!
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For U.S.-based roles - Please contact us by email at Compensation@perchhq.com to receive salary range and total compensation for this position. Compensation is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, work experience, technical skills, certifications, etc. A summary of benefits we offer our U.S.-based employees can be found here .
What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Means to Us
At Perch, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on our customers, teams, partners, and the community around us.
We believe we can maximize this impact by seeking out diverse experiences and perspectives and by promoting empathy and learning through allyship. We understand diversity is an engine that powers innovation and problem-solving. Our commitment to equity and inclusion fuels us to delight our customers. We trust that our shared success will come from building an organization where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, religions, abilities, ages, and backgrounds feel valued, celebrated, and empowered.
We know this vision requires continuous effort, and we are committed to putting in the work to ultimately reach our highest Perch.
BusinessView all jobs at Perch
Get fresh Merchandising Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.