Senior AI Research Scientist
Perceptronics Solutions, Inc Falls Church, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
*Due to the sensitive nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Location: Falls Church, VA or El Segundo, CA or Remote (U.S.)
Perceptronics Solutions is a growing company that creates leading edge technologies in the domains of training, electronic warfare, intelligence analysis, unmanned systems, and complex planning. By combining innovative science, artificial intelligence, and compelling design, we help our customers tackle the most difficult problems now faced by the US Department of Defense and security agencies, local governments, and corporate enterprises. We love a challenge and are always looking for motivated people to join our team!
Who are we looking for?
Perceptronics Solutions is seeking strong, enthusiastic candidates for the position of Senior AI Research Scientist to join our research and development team. In this role, you will work with a small team of highly motivated scientists and engineers to apply cutting-edge AI algorithms to real-world problems and to deploy them to exciting software products for use by soldiers.
Your work will help us develop techniques for controlling swarms of UAVs, understanding the electronic battlespace and improving planning for multidomain maneuvers. We are seeking candidates who are particularly interested in a position that involves designing in areas such as multi-agents systems, AI planning, sensor fusion, resource allocation and adjustable autonomy. Candidates must be capable of adapting and extending state-of-the-art academic research to help solve DoD problems.
Candidates must enjoy a challenge and love working in a team environment. Because Perceptronics is a member of the Pacific Defense group of companies, our growth is accelerating and there is ample room for career growth.
- MS or PhD (preferred) in Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Science or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience with developing AI autonomy algorithms or multi-agent algorithms. Experience with applications involving cooperative autonomous systems is preferred.
- Programming experience in Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience in developing and operationalizing systems that include advanced algorithmic components, such as Monte Carlo Tree Search, Particle Filters, Distributed Constraint Optimization and PetriNets.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain a security clearance required.
- Conduct literature reviews to identify possible solutions to a selected problem, including identifying strengths and weaknesses of various approaches.
- Participate in creative brainstorming on how various methods may be applied to problems of interest. Such as geolocation of RF emitters or enabling persistent surveillance of UAVs.
- Design, implement, and test prototype algorithms.
- Support algorithm integration into applications and software services.
- Evaluate performance of algorithms on selected problems related to coordination and control of multi-agent UAV teams.
- Communicate work in both written and verbal forms, both for internal and external consumption.
- Help in the writing of proposals and management of projects.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits including a top health insurance policy with employees premium 100% covered, a generous PTO policy, and flexible work schedule.
Perceptronics Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Perceptronics Solutions, Inc
AddressFalls Church, VA
ScienceView all jobs at Perceptronics Solutions, Inc