Instructional Designer / Knowledgebase Content Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER / KNOWLEDGEBASE CONTENT SPECIALIST
At Percepta, we bring first-class service across each market we support. As an Instructional Designer / Knowledgebase Content Specialist working remotely, you'll be a part of creating and delivering amazing customer experiences, while also enjoying the satisfaction of being part of a unique culture
What You'll Be Doing
Instructional Designer analyzes the training needs for client-based programs. Works closely with clients to assess, develop, and implement training materials and knowledge base articles. Designs and develops new hire, cross-training, and other training materials using ADDIE and other curriculum development methodology. Evaluates and administers traditional and eLearning training solutions using various multi-media formats and authoring tools. Assess content development effectiveness to enhance training content as needed. Partner with Operations, Clients, and all other stakeholders to build knowledge checks, assessments, and training recommendations when needed. Work in concert with both Instructional Design and Knowledge Base teams, assisting to ensure consistency in article and content creation and design.
During a Typical Day, You'll
Design, Development, and Implementation (60%)
- Design and develop learning objectives and outcomes.
- Partner with internal and external clients to create and edit training materials.
- Using Adult Learning Principles select the most effective instructional methods for delivery, including but not limited to, eLearning, Self-Paced Training, Instructor-Led Training (ILT), or Virtual ILT delivery methods.
- Design and develop facilitator and participant material for new hire, continuous, and cross- training by project.
- Design practical application scenarios including practical application exercises, role-plays, case studies, games, and simulations.
- Develop and maintain knowledge artifacts to be used in both training and production.
- Develop and conduct Train-The-Trainer (TTT) sessions.
- Maintain source materials and final content in a shared location (SharePoint) to be used for future development needs.
- Create Knowledge Base articles to drive customer self-help utilization with the goal of reducing the need for incoming inquiries into the call center.
- Develop and update Knowledge Base content for customer, dealer, and agent facing touchpoints.
- Coordinates communication between Knowledge Base and Design teams to increase Knowledge Base utilization across departments.
Project and Program Management (20%)
- Develop timelines and project plans for development, deliver project plans, and receive approval of timelines.
- Partner with all customers, (internal and external) to identify training needs by program.
- Schedule and lead regular project meetings with all clients (internal and external) to include communication of project status and development.
- Provide project status updates and any possible risks to Training Supervisor in a timely manner. Partner with Training Supervisor to develop action plan to address risks and meet timelines.
- Conduct post-project analysis to determine the quality of implementation and provide feedback recommending training modifications.
- Partner with Knowledge Base team to develop project completion timeline for article and design completion.
- Communicates Design and Knowledge Base project updates to Project Management team.
- Partners with Knowledge Base and Operations to ensure successful launch of all New Business projects.
Training Analysis/Evaluation (20%)
- Conduct Front End Analysis (FEA) to identify curriculum objectives and development needs. This includes working closely with the client to identify scope, objectives, and approach of project.
- Conduct analysis on operational performance to identify knowledge gaps.
- Develop training action plans for individuals and groups based on performance needs.
- Using defined program metrics, measure the effectiveness of training and modify content when gaps are identified.
- Develop evaluations of content that are linked to the performance objectives to aid in validating content effectiveness.
- Compile and communicate Knowledge Base data, articles, and example questions to the Design team that are impactful to the design of Recurrent and New Hire training curriculums.
- Conduct analysis of how effective and efficient Knowledge Base articles are during New Hire training classes, providing innovate ideas for updates for increased usability.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Instructional Design, Education, Adult Learning/Training, Graphic Arts, or other related educational fields) and relevant curriculum design experience required, or a combination of education and experience
- ISD Certifications are highly desirable
- Certifications in design programs (Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate, etc.) are highly desirable
- Minimum of 3 years of professional training and development experience
- 1-3 years of Instructional or Curriculum Design preferred
- Call Center experience is preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with all levels of employee and management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop training material with short timelines
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize business requests and self-manage workload and timelines
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.)
- Design skills: Online design tools (Articulate Storyline 360, Camtasia, Captivate), and Photoshop, etc.
- Analytical, design and development skills
- Maintain a positive work environment that fosters team performance.
- Background in using methodologies like Kirkpatrick or Gagne to design and measure training effectiveness
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include extended evening and weekend hours as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Able to travel on a limited basis
What You Can Expect
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation/Sick Time and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Training and Development Programs (Percepta College)
- Employee Rewards Program (Perci Perks)
A Bit More About Your Role
This is a fully remote role. Equipment is provided by Percepta for this position.
Established in 2000, Percepta has contact centers across the globe that proudly deliver a frictionless customer experience to our clients.
Our values are the heartbeat of our organization, and we live, breath and play by them every day. As a Percepta team member, you can expect:
Culture of Service - to be treated like you are the customer from day one
Teamwork - belonging to a supportive family team environment that encourages growth, fosters trust and open communication, and acknowledges value in your contributions
Respect - a team that is accountable, dependable and gives you their full attention
Proactive - to surround yourself with solution-oriented people who strive to improve themselves, others, and the organization
Career Growth - lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
Diversity - be a part of our growing diverse and community-minded organization that is all about having fun!
Competitive Compensation - we take care of family, which is why we offer more than just competitive wages and great benefits. Our programs offer incentives and promote physical, mental, and financial wellness.
Percepta requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. Percepta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EducationView all jobs at Percepta