Position Title: Senior Manager, Development
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Development
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a Senior Manager, Development to become a member of the national development team. You will hold key responsibilities in funder relations, corporate engagement, grant writing, individual giving and organizational storytelling for a diverse national funding portfolio. The role will specialize in revenue-raising, particularly for large institutional investments, for 1-2 Per Scholas sites; support sponsorships and donor cultivation for events; and from time to time may support fundraising opportunities in other markets or at a national level as needed. The role is a part of a dynamic team of development professionals and will work closely with local Managing/Site Directors as well as the National Leadership Team to meet our revenue targets and grow our programs throughout the region.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy with local site leads to support and support and expand operations in each market
- Identify and research relationships with new corporate, foundation, government, and individual funding sources and work closely with local site leads and National Leadership Team to cultivate opportunities and lead engagement process
- Research market trends and conduct data analysis to support proposals, inform policy briefs and keep the team aware of evolving opportunities
- Synthesize information from program staff and Salesforce database to articulate goals, activities, anticipated outcomes, successes, challenges, etc. to funders
- Continuously track and monitor opportunities, funder deadlines and deliverables
- Coordinate with local program teams and fiscal departments to gather all needed information and collateral to prepare and write accurate and compelling letters of interest, grant proposals, reports, and other materials that are responsive to donor guidelines, including assembling required documentation and budgets
- Act as a liaison between the program and fiscal teams to forecast organizational cash flow and track funds received
- Work with local and national program teams to forecast budget projections in collaboration with the SVP, Development
- Prepare slide decks, one-pagers, and other collateral to support fund development
- Contribute to accurate and up-to-date development record keeping in Salesforce and other development systems
- Participate in quarterly Advisory Board meetings and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports as requested by the local site leads and Advisory Board
- Collaborate with the site lead to grow brand awareness, particularly among key funders, and activate growth/expansion opportunities as appropriate for a given market
- Steward relationships with current funders to ensure continued and expanded giving
- Cultivate relationships with new corporate, foundation, government, and individual funding sources
- Support local site leads and National Leadership team in maintaining external relationships with new and current funders
- Engage in individual donor activities including events, donor campaigns, and other cultivation
- Coordinate and attend key funder meetings and site visits as a representative and ambassador of Per Scholas
- Work closely with Managing Directors, other Development team members, Communications team members, and other departments to achieve campus fundraising goals
- Coordinate with communications staff to leverage communications opportunities for development purposes and ensure consistent language and branding
- Lead development aspects of planning and execution of local fundraising and cultivation events and activities, including the development of a corporate sponsor strategy, sponsorship benefits, and solicitation of sponsorships
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent practical experience) required
- 5-7 years of grant writing or general development experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, and copy editing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both in person and on phone
- Proven research abilities, including gathering and interpreting data; funder prospecting experience desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Google Apps for Business (Docs, Drive, Gmail, Calendar, Chat, etc.)
- Availability to travel 15-20%
- Capacity to attend key external meetings as the organizational representative
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and learn new tools quickly.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You are interested in workforce development, technology, diversity, organizational growth, and scaling impact
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities with leading employers, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 14 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 12,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our People team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application! Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.
Powered by JazzHR
Per Scholas Inc.