The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the installation and service departments of the branch. This includes mentoring and empowering employees so as to complete tasks in a highly efficient manner as well as working with customers to ensure the work completed exceeds their expectations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist Sales in system design and requirements.
2. Help to develop, promote and enforce operations policies and procedures for the branch.
3. Responsible for supervision of Installation, Inventory, and Service Departments.
4. Interview, hire, lead and evaluate staff
5. Assist the Per Mar Customer Service Department on troubleshooting alarm issues.
6. Help train technicians on Monitoring Center and alarm technology.
7. Assist and work with the Monitoring Center on service dispatch and false alarm reduction.
8. Provide monthly Training opportunities to employees in order to meet the needs and requirements of the client and Per Mar Security.
9. Assist in the development of service efficiencies and installation methods that will improve branch operations and customer support.
10. Hold regular technician meetings with staff.
11. Assist Service and Installation coordinators to properly follow up, schedule and complete work.
12. Hold Regular Sales/Operations meetings to provide updates, information and general knowledge Ensuring sales and operations is communicating effectively on timelines and feedback from the field.
13. Work directly with customers to meet their needs and solve problems as they arise.
14. Work with the material handler to maintain proper warehouse and truck stock minimizing return trips and reducing part variances.
15. Efficiently process completed job’s to maximize branch revenue and profit each month
16. Process all completed service and inspection tickets on a daily basis.
17. Ensure that all scheduled inspections are being completed in the assigned time frame.
18. Visit customer sites and assist technicians as needed to ensure quality work and total customer satisfaction.
19. Coordinate any necessary building maintenance issues with PMC facilities.
20. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by interacting with the Per Mar Security Services internal/external customers (including, but not limited to: current customers, prospective customers, clients, vendors, co-workers, supervisors and management) in a mutually respectful manner regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and all other protected classes.
21. Adhere to the highest standards of ethical business conduct and compliance by acting lawfully, ethically, honestly and professionally in the performance of their jobs at all times as well as be in compliance with company policy and procedures as it relates to their job function.
22. When appropriate, inform customers of Per Mar Security Services of products and services and refer business to appropriate department.
23. Assume responsibility for understanding and complying with Per Mar Security Services attendance expectations.
24. As this position develops, the employee may be assigned additional duties or special projects as deemed necessary by management.
ADDITIONAL MANAGEMENT DUTIES
1. Willingness to become involved in professional and civic organizations that will enhance the Per Mar image and profitability.
2. Adhere to all EEO/AA (Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action) guidelines and regulations in the hiring, selection, placement, promotion, transfer, and training processes.
3. Hire, train and mentor direct reports and provide additional training as necessary.
4. Travel, as required. Some overnight travel is expected. Position Requirements: EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCES
1. High School Diploma or GED is required. Technical training or degree in related field preferred.
2. Must have 3-5 year of experience as a lead technician, manager or supervisor in the Electronic Security Industry and solid knowledge of installation, design and repair of Electronic Security Systems.
1. Must be able to obtain specified licensure/certifications to perform work in the industry according to the rules and regulations prescribed by the state in which the branch operates.
2. NICET II certification required.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
1. Must understand basic low voltage electronic devices and systems.
2. Must have excellent leadership, communication and written skills.
3. Strong customer service focus/skills a must.
4. Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
5. Must be capable of handling challenging and stressful situations without decreasing productivity.
6. Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization and with external customers.
7. Strong computer and internet skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel are required; Access experience a plus.
8. Mathematical Skills including ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume along with ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
9. Reasoning skills including ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
10. Ability to create and develop policies and procedures.
11. Knowledge of inventory systems.
12. Ability to quickly learn in-house software systems.
13. Knowledge of Monitoring Center operations a plus.
14. Ability to operate office equipment such as copier and fax machines.
15. Must possess the values important to Per Mar Security – Integrity, Communication, Excellent Service and Accountability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job (including but not limited to, duties involving site surveys, client visits and post inspections), the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, resulting primarily from phones ringing, printers and traffic of individuals within the office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Per Mar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities.
Per Mar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities