This position monitors different types of alarms for various customers throughout the Midwest. The Agent also provides quality customer service to residential and commercial accounts by assisting with minor troubleshooting, as well as dispatching appropriate personnel, when needed. 2nd and 3rd shifts available.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Monitor alarms and dispatch appropriate responses to the proper individuals, including but not limited to local authorities, emergency response personnel, service technicians, etc.
2. Answer telephones with a clear, concise and professional voice.
3. Provide customer assistance for incoming calls.
4. Type responses from incoming calls by verbatim. Must be able to type at least 35 wpm.
5. Set up service appointments after normal business hours.
6. Must be able to read and follow special instructions displayed for some accounts.
7. Ensure work stations are neat and orderly.
8. Work additional hours when necessary – fill open shifts and cover during storms.
9. Handle high levels of stress and customer issues in a calm and professional manner at all times.
10. Adhere to all Per Mar policies and procedures.
11. Attend a designated schedule, and must be on time each shift.
12. Possess the ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to detail.
13. All other duties as assigned that relate to daily business of the Monitoring Center.
14. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by interacting with the Per Mar Security Services internal/external customers (including, but not limited to: current customers, prospective customers, clients, vendors, co-workers, supervisors and management) in a mutually respectful manner regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and all other protected classes.
15. Adhere to the highest standards of ethical business conduct and compliance by acting lawfully, ethically, honestly and professionally in the performance of their jobs at all times as well as be in compliance with company policy and procedures as it relates to their job function.
16. When appropriate, inform customers of Per Mar Security Services of products and services and refer business to appropriate department.
17. As this position develops, the employee may be assigned additional duties or special projects as deemed necessary by management.
18. Assume responsibility for understanding and complying with Per Mar Security Services attendance expectations.
*Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodations
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
Due to the nature of this service, the Monitoring Center Agent may be required to work additional hours when necessary - i.e.: fill open shifts and cover during storms. Covering other shifts and working overtime hours is a shared obligation within the department.
1. Must be able to obtain specified license to perform work in the security industry according to the rules and regulations prescribed by the State in which the department operates. Position Requirements:Education and/or Experience:
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
2. One to three years dispatching, call center, and/or multi-line phone experience highly preferred.
3. Must be able to achieve Per Mar Monitoring Center level 1 & 2 within a reasonable time frame.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
2. Strong customer service focus/skills a must.
3. Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
4. Capable of handling challenging and stressful situations without decreasing productivity.
5. Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel. Internet skills required.
6. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
7. Must be able to write business correspondence and have detailed documentation when speaking with a customer.
8. Must be able to effectively present information in personal and small group situations; i.e.: customers, clients, and other employees in the organization.
9. Must be able to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s using American currency, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
10. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
11. Must have problem-solving skills involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
12. Must be able to operate office equipment such as a copier and fax machines.
13. Effectively work with people at all levels of the organization and with external customers.
14. Must possess the values important to Per Mar Security – Integrity, Communication, Excellent Service, and Accountability.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the majority of the noise coming from phones and printers.
Per Mar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities