- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company Overview: Pepper, Johnstone & Company, Inc. (“PJC”) is an award-winning independent P&C insurance brokerage located in Athens, Alabama. PJC was established in 1971 as an independent brokerage and is committed to the independent distribution channel. Although domiciled in Alabama, PJC also serves client throughout the southeastern and western United States. PJC continues to be one of the most successful and well respected firms in North Alabama and is strategically positioned for greater organizational growth. This is an exciting time in our firm’s history and if you are a self-motivated, results-driven individual that enjoys setting and achieving individual, team and organizational goals, this may be the place for you.
- Job Duration: Fulltime.
- Compensation: Salary plus bonus/commission. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Relocation Assistance: Partial assistance available for qualified candidates.
- Insurance Discipline: Property & Casualty – Commercial/Personal/Life & Health.
The Multi-lines Client Service Representative/Account Manager will perform the essential duties of assisting producers in servicing a book of business, including new and renewal marketing and placement. The ability to cultivate new business with both existing and new accounts is also a critical function of this position. The individual who fills this position is the link between the company, clients/prospects and the multiple insurance carriers represented by the company. Qualified candidates will have skills in the following key functional areas: Sales (account development and cross-selling); Client-Service (effective questioning, relationship management, problem resolution and client retentions); Business (prioritization, time management and critical thinking), and sound Commercial Insurance/Personal Insurance coverage knowledge (general liability, commercial property, commercial auto, workers compensation, E&O, auto, home, umbrella, boat, recreational vehicles, etc.). Additionally, a consistently friendly, professional, client-service and sales oriented personality along with a positive “can-do” demeanor are paramount.
Standards of Performance:
- Actively supports and incorporates company mission and core values into daily activities.
- Achieve sales, account development and client retention targets as set out in annual and semi-annual company plans.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism and exceptional customer service skills both internally and externally.
- Maintains a positive and respectful demeanor.
- Works as a team member to achieve department goals and overall company objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to clients, employees, carriers, alliance partners and the company.
- Reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position at a consistently high level.
- Demonstrates a willingness to do whatever is required for betterment of the organization.
- Support producers by processing new business applications. This will include data entry of application information in multiple carrier systems and Agency Management System.
- Collect complete underwriting information from walk-in/telephone/on-line prospects.
- Professionally prepare and present complete insurance proposals to existing clients and prospects, as well as draft professional communications (i.e., letters, memos, emails, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute new business and renewal policies to clients.
- Conduct regular account reviews in an effort to improve client retention and sell additional insurance products (cross-selling/account rounding).
- Intelligently discuss coverage inquiries/concerns/gaps with clients and prospective clients.
- Maintain and foster existing client relationships as well as cultivate new relationships and sales opportunities with client prospects.
- Build and maintain rapport with brokers, clients and insurance carrier personnel.
- Collect, process, and record new business deposit premiums.
- Work on special projects that may be assigned by management as necessary.
Office Equipment / Software Used:
- Microsoft Windows Operating System – must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other MS Office applications.
- Inter-office network; Internet access; e-mail – internally, with carriers, and with prospects/clients/others.
- Agency Management System (Applied Epic) and related programs.
- Comparative rating software (EZlynx).
- MVR, insurance score, Clue report software/website.
- Telephone, fax, copier, printer, document scanner and binding machine.
- High school diploma (required); B.A./B.S. degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years CSR/Account Management experience in insurance industry (required); experience in independent P&C insurance brokerage (required).
- Must have an active P&C insurance license (required).
- Candidates with CISR, CIC, CPCU, AAI, AIS or similar designations are preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance industry and specific working knowledge of commercial lines and personal lines (required).
- Ability to maintain and foster existing client relationships as well as cultivate new relationships with client prospects is critical to success.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced sales environment is crucial.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, organized and efficient in executing tasks.
- Excellent communicative skills, both orally and in writing are essential.
- Takes the initiative to solve internal and external client problems.
- Must possess a positive, motivated attitude; results driven personality.
- Anticipates and prioritizes responsibilities to meet critical deadlines.
- Adapts quickly to change in systems, policies and procedures.
- Continues to find ways to improve and streamline business processes and workflows.
- Collects marketing data via phone calls/walk-ins/on-line inquiries to assess impact of marketing campaigns.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Consistently looks for new challenges and opportunities to add value to both clients and organization.
Qualified candidates are requested to send both a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com. Submissions will be reviewed and a member of our staff will contact qualified candidates for an initial phone interview. PHONE INQUIRIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Pepper, Johnstone & Company
BusinessView all jobs at Pepper, Johnstone & Company