Do you want to earn a competitive pay rate, have consistent hours, full benefits, and be provided with opportunities for career advancement?
We pre-pay ASE registration and testing fees for Technicians to achieve their required ASE certifications!
Discover the automotive career opportunities at an Icahn automotive store near you @ PepBoys.com!
A Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions, steering and suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions testing, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and major engine.
Do you have
· Minimum of 1-2 years experience as a certified technician or mechanic and eight ASE's
· ASEs required; ASE A1 through A8- Electrical and Engine Performance is strongly preferred; state certifications/licenses where equired.
- Additional ASE’s are strongly encouraged. ASE equivalent certifications may be considered as part of the qualification process. Requires all Technicians to achieve the required ASE certifications within two ASE testing cycles
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a thorough safety and mechanical vehicle inspection is completed and documented in the work order system for every car assigned to him/her that comes into the shop. Ability to communicate repairs that are necessary for the safety and operational efficiency of the vehicle to customers and management. Recommends additional repairs and services pertaining to scheduled maintenance, vehicle enhancements, and/or upgrades as appropriate. Adheres to MAP (UICS) standards.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, all tire related services, including mounting, balancing, and flat repairs, state safety and emissions testing (where required), fluid changes, steering and suspension, maintenance services, starting and charging. Responsible for securing vehicle during repairs and after repairs are completed.
If you or someone you know would like long term stability and opportunities to grow your career, then please apply
Why Work Here?Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
We offer a fantastic benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, ASE certifications paid by us, and more!
Las Vegas, NV